Adulting 101

Adulting 101 - Lisa Henry

It was a 5 star rating for me up to 45%-50%

Nick is hilarious and in many ways reminded me of myself. He's 18 and doesn't know how to be an adult. I can totally relate. I didn't know how to be an adult at 18 and I still haven't figured it out and I'm turning 18 for the like 100th time ;P

He's funny, clumsy and always says what he thinks. He doesn't seem to have an off button on him and that gives us many funny scenes in the book. The comedy in the book isn't forced and it comes very easily and is therefore very believable.

Jai is less vivid ;P I mean who isn't compared to Nick lol Unfortunately I couldn't really warm up to Jai and maybe that's why I started losing interest after a while. Devon on the other hand (Nick's BFF) I loved ! The way their friendship was shown was so sweet and tender ! I wish I had a friend like Devon ! Who needs a BF if you can have a Devon ?!

So yeah in the end I can't really put a finger on what I didn't like. That's why it's still a 4 star rating from me. Maybe it was the 3rd Person narration ? Maybe it was the fact I didn't like Jai that much ? Maybe because, while the story progressed, it wasn't as funny as in the begging ? I guess I never find out :/